Author Topic: Kill the captcha!!!  (Read 265 times)

Dbelgard

Kill the captcha!!!
« on: March 04, 2019, 10:29:44 AM »
Any way we can only have to enter the captcha once per sesssion or maybe even not at all if we are verified?

I hat having to enter it for each post!

vripley

• Administrator
  • temet nosce
Re: Kill the captcha!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 11:17:39 AM »
Any way we can only have to enter the captcha once per sesssion or maybe even not at all if we are verified?

I hat having to enter it for each post!
Hey Dave! The Captcha is a pain... I know. However, it only happens for your first two posts (when you are a brand new user). That has been a BIG help in weeding out the bots. We had a problem when I first created the forum with Russian bots coming in and posting ads. The Captcha before newbie posts and other security measures have pretty much eliminated them.

The good news is, you now have enough posts (heck, you're a seasoned veteran!) that you shouldn't get asked to Captcha anymore... Please let me know if you're still getting it.

-V

Dbelgard

Re: Kill the captcha!!!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 05:11:29 PM »
Hey Dave! The Captcha is a pain... I know. However, it only happens for your first two posts (when you are a brand new user). That has been a BIG help in weeding out the bots. We had a problem when I first created the forum with Russian bots coming in and posting ads. The Captcha before newbie posts and other security measures have pretty much eliminated them.

The good news is, you now have enough posts (heck, you're a seasoned veteran!) that you shouldn't get asked to Captcha anymore... Please let me know if you're still getting it.

-V

Its all gone :)

good feature!